[TR] TR6 Labor charge to replace rear crank seal

Glenn A. Merrell StagByTriumph at tscusa.org
Wed Dec 26 16:44:38 MST 2007

Richard Johnson wrote:
> It appears that the rear crank seal in my TR6 has gone bye-bye.  What do you think would be a fair labor charge for getting to and replacing the seal?
>   If the labor charge gets too big I guess I'll have to do it myself
>
>   Thank you for your input.
>   Richard
>   1973 TR6

Richard,

The official British Leyland - Triumph Repair Time Schedule for TR6, in
Group 1, Section 1 (Engine), Operation Number 1-115E "Crankshaft rear
Oil Seal, Replace ....06.30" which is 6 hours and 30 minutes.  A Flat
Rate Mechanic will do it in 4 hours, but the charge will be the same
because it will be priced by the job.

This assumes a certified Factory Trained fully apprenticed mechanic.

This is also one of those jobs that you say ... "while I am in here, I
may as well replace ..."

--

Glenn A. Merrell
Chairman, Triumph Stag Club USA (2007-2009)