[TR] TR6 Labor charge to replace rear crank seal

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Dec 26 16:06:16 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/26/2007 4:51:52 PM Central Standard Time,
rhjgaj at pacbell.net writes:
> It appears that the rear crank seal in my TR6 has gone bye-bye.  What do
> you think would be a fair labor charge for getting to and replacing the seal?
>   If the labor charge gets too big I guess I'll have to do it myself

Step 1) remove transmission
Step 2) remove flywheel
Step 3) remove old seal and replace with new
Assembly is revers of the above.

In other words it will not be cheap due to the R/R of the trans and flywheel.
 And since the flywheel is off why not have it resurfaced and lightened?  And
while the transmission is out why not replace the clutch?  (As you can see
shipwright's disease sets in pretty heavily on this operation.)

Good luck

Dave