[TR] Tin-Zinc plating kit

John Mitchell jmitch at snet.net
Fri Dec 21 18:55:06 MST 2007

I've used the Caswell Copy Cad kit with great success.  It's expensive
to get started, as it's best to have a variable power suppy to do the
plating.  You can just plate and it will leave a dull silver zinc like
cadmium plate, or you can add a brightener and get an almost chrome
shine to the plate.  You can also dip in yellow chromate dye  after
plating for yellow zinc parts.   If you've just got a bucket of bolts to
be done, it would be cheaper and much easier to go commercial .  If you
watch ebay, you can often pick up a power supply pretty cheap.  As with
any plating, the preparation the part receives is the most important
part. Check out caswell's web site.  There's a great deal of information
there, and they are very helpful with problems.  They also host a
plating forum online.       John Mitchell    76 TR6 with lots of fresh
yellow zinc parts.