[TR] [6pack] Spin-On Adapter

Robert Lang lang at isis.mit.edu
Tue Dec 18 09:56:53 MST 2007

Hi,

"back in the day", the dealer mechanics would disconnect the fuel pump
from the block to make room to remove the canister in an oil change. In
fact, on my Dad's TR6, the car died (on several occasions) about 1/4 mile
from the dealer because the mechanic "forgot" to re-install the fuel pump.

Pull the fuel pump and the filter and canister comes right up past the
steering column. If you have an electric fuel pump and a blanking plate in
the block, you don't have to do anything!

But I still stand on the spin-on being q good upgrade for all the reasons
formerly articulated.

rml
p.s. get a good adapter, the cheap ones have porous castings and will drip
oil.