[TR] compression results revisited

John Gillis jgillis at tcd.ie
Mon Dec 17 14:57:08 MST 2007

Hi all,
Try imagine me sitting here rather red faced as I explain that yes
Randall was correct (now there's a surprise) it was indeed the gauge,
which worked fine on the 1 to 3 but failed when I used it on 4. I
checked again using the gauge on three and this time got the same no
reading. I tightened up the gubbins of the gauge and tried again on 4,
this time it held the reading for a while before slowly loosing it. It
would appear that 4 has the same reading as the other 3 i.e 180 to 190
psi, dare I now ask how does this measure up as a reading?