[TR] GT6+ Running Hot Part 2

TR250Driver at aol.com TR250Driver at aol.com
Sat Dec 15 10:58:07 MST 2007

Guys,
I have some time off during the holidays so it is time to trouble  shoot.  70
GT6 +,  runs too hot for me.  Just a bit over half on  the NOS SMITHS temp
gauge.  Does not boil over under any conditions so far  but runs warn even
during nite riding at 60 degrees.  Better when air is  filling the Radiator at
speed.  Problem close in at idle and traffic, it  then seems that the motor is
breaking up a bit and misfiring slightly.

I took the Radiator out and took it to a shop.  Tested fine when they  blew a
bunch of water backwards thru the bottom to the top.  They were all
chuckling a bit and saying this is a Triumph Radiator, HUH?  They said they  didn't
mind taking my money but it was sort of useless.

Now what?  The GT6 + is New Construction.  I am thinking the  "breaking up"
is the Crane electronic ignition overheating.  She is  tuned fairly well and
does not respond to any different timing settings as  far as cooling down. I
believe I tried a different thermostat but CRS is present  there.

I would really like to fit a MO-JO aluminum radiator but Charles Runyan is
not supplying those for the Little Triumph's yet. Anyone from TRF out there on
the List? We need some parts too but can't get any respect.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated, Beverly refuses  to
ride in the GT6+ for her seat is directly behind the exhaust header and  really
on fire.  I have to hose her down after a sort trip.
Darrell