[TR] [6pack] Shimmy at 50mph

John Mitchell jmitch at snet.net
Tue Dec 11 19:12:15 MST 2007

    I've always wondered about the exhaust hanger that connects to the
transmission on overdrive cars.  It's just a metal hangar with no rubber
isolation and it's bolted to the rear of the overdrive.   Has anyone
tried anything to isolate the exhaust from metal on metal contact with
the transmission?  I'm wondering if it would cut some of the vibration
felt at the shifter.  John Mitchell  76TR6