[TR] eBay Histeria

McGaheyRx at aol.com McGaheyRx at aol.com
Tue Dec 11 17:06:02 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/11/2007 6:55:40 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
TR250Driver at aol.com writes:

I  believe I just witnessed an original Lucas battery suitable for a TR6 go
for over $1,100 in an auction on eBay.  I suppose it is dry charged  so it
may
last a few years once charged, but WHY? If anyone can  answer that  question
have an original tar top Lucas, never filled,  suitable for the small
Triumphs
ready for  auction.

This auction, and the buyer, have been discussed at length on the 6-pack
forum.

This particular buyer has a history of paying enormous, foolish prices for
supposedly NOS items - from sellers in or not far from CT - many from sellers
with ebay ids following a format of (color)TR6.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but in this case its hard not to
suspect a shill bidding scheme where a buyer runs up the price in collusion with
a seller who then sends a "2nd chance" offer to the runner up bidders.

Cheers,
Jack Mc