[TR] marking TDC

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Dec 9 23:23:53 MST 2007

> I'm still quite an amateur because me (or the engine shop)
> put the 'crankshaft pulley flange' on in the slightly wrong
> position.

Certainly not the first to make that mistake, likely won't be the last
either.

> but, I
> don't care to dissassemble it just to get the small flange
> hole right.  I'll be satisfied with a dot of white paint or something.

Up to you, of course, but I would want to fix it right.  Otherwise, I know
someone (likely me) will forget or not know about the white dot, and try to
use the factory mark.

> Hopefully, it's not going to be difficult!  Maybe a small
> white dot about 2", or so, on the flange before the hole?

Should be adequate, if you can get it accurately placed at TDC.

Randall