[TR] Leather straps for TR6 luggage rack

zoboherald at aol.com zoboherald at aol.com
Tue Dec 4 13:13:20 MST 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: jim hearn <jimhearn1 at comcast.net>

...I am trying to figure out some leather straps that will secure a
picnic basket and also look OK when there
is no basket on the rack....To use one continuous strap (2 per rack),
would require a belt appx. 70 inches long.  Has anyone done leather
straps on a similar luggage rack?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

==AM==
I'd be tempted to keep the belt removable rather than permanently
attached in any way. As to where/how, I suggest contacting a local tack
shop or leather shop and see what they could make up for you.

--Andy  Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so  much of a jet, it's more your, er,
Triumph Herald engine with  wings.
 -- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus  (22)

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph
Herald Database at its new URL: <http://triumph-herald.us>