[TR] Leather straps for TR6 luggage rack

jim hearn jimhearn1 at comcast.net
Tue Dec 4 13:05:35 MST 2007

I have a '74 TR6 and a Moss style luggage rack.  I have also picked up a
couple of English style picnic baskets.  Now I am trying to figure out some
leather straps that will secure a picnic basket and also look OK when there
is no basket on the rack.  This last part is my biggest dilemma.  I have
seen some with a strap and buckle riveted on which I have not seen when the
rack is empty.  To use one continuous strap (2 per rack), would require a
belt appx. 70 inches long.  Has anyone done leather straps on a similar
luggage rack?  Any ideas would be appreciated.

Jim Hearn
Two '74 TR6s