[TR] Rear Springs; Ride Height TR4

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Dec 4 08:52:15 MST 2007

> I need to raise the ride height of my TR3A about an inch.
> Will TR4 rear springs fir the TR3A?

Should fit, since early TR4 used the same springs as TR2-3A, and I don't
believe there was any frame change when the springs changed to the arched
type.  Haven't tried it myself yet, though.  Of course, you'll also need the
spacer, and at least in theory, have to cut the spacer to increase ride
height.  Note that the solid-axle 4A springs are different, and I'm told
they will not fit on a TR3.

But any decent spring shop should be able to re-arch your existing springs
for less money.  It used to be a common operation, but is mostly reserved
for big trucks these days (so look for a place that does truck suspensions).

Randall