[TR] Rear springs

CarlSereda at aol.com CarlSereda at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 13:38:56 MST 2007

Jim,
Factory specifications were 6" clearance: bottom of frame to ground - front
and rear with original tires. I would measure behind front tire and in front of
rear tire and shoot for an even 6" clearance and frame parallel to ground.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74
I have had my rear leaf springs reconditioned which has left me with a solid
axle TR4 that looks too high in the back end. Other members of my club have
made comments about it being too high. I need to have the springs redone so
that the rear of the car sits at the correct level. I can't seem to find any
references to the ride height of a TR4, ie how far from the center of the top
of the windscreen to the ground.
Can anyone help please?

Jim and his black 1962 TR4.