[TR] Ride height for a TR4

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Mon Dec 3 06:00:44 MST 2007

I have just replaced all springs on my 3A and the rears did not allow the
axle to come off it's resting point on the chassis.  There is no body on  the
car so that weight is not present, however my old springs did allow the axle
off the chassis with the body off.  I am anticipating that I am going to  have
the same ride height issue once the body goes on. A couple  of 200 pounders on
the chassis don't improve  it much either.  I don't  really have a sense as to
whether or not 400 pounds on the rear chassis  adequately represents a body
and gas tank, etc.
If this does prove to be a problem I am prepared to extend the rear spring
shackles which will lower the chassis relative to the drive train.  What is
the consensus?  Will this screw up any suspension geometry?  Will  these springs
"wear in"?

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L
60 TR3A TS74461LO