[TR] TR6 Jacking Point

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Dec 3 05:57:16 MST 2007

In a message dated 12/3/2007 5:59:13 AM Central Standard Time,
suhringtr36 at comcast.net writes:
> For those who have done this, is there another lifting point to use? Do you
> come in from a different position to get to the diff (such as the front side
> of the rear wheels)? Do you add 2x4 blocks to the jack pad to raise the
> contact point so the arm obstruction is resolved?

I usually lift at one of the frame rails where the rear trailing arms attach.
 This is the point where the two main rails are the closest together.  This
isn't exactly center but near enough.

Also, I will lift the front end and set it on jackstands set to their lowest
setting.  Then I will lift the rear.  Then I will raise the front to the
desired working height.  IOW I do it in stages.  I know it is extra work but the
technique gives me the opportunity to make sure the car is well settled and
stable on the stands before I put my life at risk.

Cheers

Dave