[TR] Muffler Anti-Resonator material

Brian Jones banc8004 at comcast.net
Sat Dec 1 11:26:44 MST 2007

If the exhaust is fitted correctly, I think the greatest amount of
sound is out of the tailpipe, not through the walls of the exhaust.

In my stuggles to get my exhaust right, I was considering a Monza Tip
(other brands are available, but these seem reasonable in price):

Fiberglass-packed, perforated inner tubes produce a deep mellow tone.
16-gauge steel tubing with chrome plating and gloss black paint finish.
Designed for ALL cars and trucks. Dual outlet resonators have an overall
length of 17". Single outlet resonators have an overall length of
16-1/2".

http://tinyurl.com/yuc8hh

Given the length, I'd attach it to my exhust as is, see if I like the
sound, then cut the tailpipe to acommodate the tip.

Brian