[TR] Fw: Sparked out

Tony Gordon triumph at 2simpleusa.com
Sat Dec 1 10:52:04 MST 2007

[TR] Fw: Sparked outLet's hope that it's port injection (which allows you to
isolate one injectors) and not throttle body injection (which doesn't).  Even
if it is TBI, the volume of combustible mixture escaping from the broken plug
is small.  The biggest problem of unburnt fuel is the washing down into the
sump and consequent dilution of the oil.  You might also see the O2 sensor
readings being affected ... but not enough to stop you driving it to the
shop.

I hear you on the easy out ... I have never had much success with them, and
since they tend to be made from carbon steel, they are somewhat brittle, and
if they break, you shut down the drilling and tapping options.

Tony Gordon
72 TR6