[TR] TR3 video.

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Fri Aug 31 16:57:52 MDT 2007

I remember buying a new Sunbeam Imp in 1966. It was an uprated version of
the Hillman Imp. ISTR there were two carburettors, a better compression
ratio and other refinements now gone from memory but it performed markedly
better than the ordinary Imp. The Sunbeam Stilletto was the same basic car
but was a fastback version. Hillman also sold the hot version under the
Singer label. I think they called it a Gazelle! All the Imps performed very
well and were very reliable but  you needed a lot of concentration to keep
straight in a strong crosswind as they seemed to get very light on the front
at speed. Of course the boot was under the bonnet and if you put a heavy
weight there it helped with the steering. You could use the same bag of
cement that you had to put in the boot of your 3.0 litre Ford Capri to keep
the rear wheels behind the front in the wet.
They were good times for motoring, the Jaguar E type was not long unveiled
also the Datsun 240Z had just appeared, and Triumph and Rover were making
excellent 2 and 2 and a half litre motors.
Ah yes I remember also.......but enough bandwidth wasted already!

David Brister.
1967 TR4A, (now with working heater motor, thanks).

--
It has removed 5130 spam emails to date.