[TR] Ford-powered TR4

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Thu Aug 30 22:19:04 MDT 2007

From: "Bob Danielson" <75TR6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org>
> Am I reading the graph wrong? 300 MPH is 5th at 8500 RPM. He almost hit 200
> in 4th gear. :-)

This is a speed-in-gears chart, which is just a graphical representation of the mathematical relationship between the engine RPM and the road speed in various gears.  Nothing here implies that the car ever has, or indeed could, go 200 MPH in real life.

I would not be interested in being the first one to attempt drive a stock-shape TR4 at twice the speed I have driven mine.

--
Phil Ethier  West Side  Saint Paul Minnesota  USA
1962 Triumph TR4 CT2846L, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1993 Suburban,