[TR] Rear hub rebuild needed

Alain triumphworks at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:19:02 MDT 2007

According to TRF's recent TR4 mini-catalogue, TRF has stepped up the pace of
their rebuild work, hiring Tom Spadafora on full-time since 2006, see
below.  You might want to contact Tom @ TRF to get a time estimate for
rebuilding your rear hub units.

NFI,

Alain

"TRF's rebuild shop works on: "engines, gearboxes, rear axles, IRS rear
hubs, steering racks, carburettors, and brake calipers.  Since autumn 2006,
TRF's rebuild shop, known as  C.A.R components, has been run by Tom
Spadafora.  Tom Spadafora ran his own garage for many years, and joined TRF
staff because he is committed to high-quality work, and he likes to work
hard.  When Tom joined TRF, we had a huge backlog of units for rebuilding
and Tom worked through this backlog during the winter months.  He now
completes small units such as brake calipers and carburettors in a very
short amount of time after they have been received here, and  larger units
proceed in a more systematic manner.

Please note that units for rebuilding are becoming harder to acquire, and we
now prefer to rebuild a customer's old units rather than offering units in
exchange.  C.A.R. Components exists to provide enthusiasts with a place to
send components for rebuilding which they do not have the knowledge or skill
to complete at home.  It is the continuing goal of C.A.R. Components to
provide very high quality service at reasonable prices."

TRF
328 Killen Road, Armagh, PA 15920, USA
Customer Service: (800) 283-3723
Technical Assistance: (814) 446-4491  12:30 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.  M  F  Times
Are Eastern
TRF Fax: (814) 446-6729
On 8/29/07, TOMJOANNMI at aol.com <TOMJOANNMI at aol.com> wrote:

> I was just about ready to get my 75 TR6 back on the road after a long and
> expensive renovation and my Rt rear hub is making noise. The mechanic says
> it
> needs new bearings. I believe this is a job left to experts, so I'm
> looking for
> recommendations for a rebuilder. I know that TRF rebuilds hubs, but their
> turnaround time on the diff hubs they rebuilt for me was at least 2
> months. I would
> like to get some use out of the car before the snow flies. Any
> suggestions?
> Should I get both rebuilt? Can the other side be far behind? I don't think
> it's
> making noise yet.
>
> Tom Miller
> 75 TR6