[TR] Timing chainwheels TR3A

DLylis at aol.com DLylis at aol.com
Wed Aug 29 15:29:57 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/29/2007 10:51:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
tr3driver at ca.rr.com writes:

How much  endplay is there on the cam & crank ?  Are you checking  alignment
with them both pushed all the way back ? Is the front cam bearing  new ? Are
you sure the crank chainwheel is seated firmly against it's  shoulder ?

Crank end float .006" which is at the upper limit of acceptable but  still
acceptable.  Checked with a dial indicator
Cam endfloat is .005"  should be .003 - .0075"  Checked with a  dial
indicator
Front cam bearing is used but not used by me as my old one was  scored.  It
is in very good shape.
I will seat everybody firmly and check again but I pushed them both back as
much as I could.

Thanks, as always

David  Lylis
69 TR6 CC26160L