[TR] Fan Extension and Steering Rack Proximity - A

Kentech HomeTech kentech0822 at verizon.net
Wed Aug 29 07:13:04 MDT 2007

Time for pictures:
http://mysite.verizon.net/kentech0822/triumph/fans/fan_extensions.jpg

-----Original Message-----
From: CarlSereda at aol.com [mailto:CarlSereda at aol.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:14 AM
To: triumphs at autox.team.net
Subject: [TR] Fan Extension and Steering Rack Proximity - A

I seen a lot of junk yard TR4As and whenever I saw a fan extension with a
groove in it - it seemed 'rubbed raw' ie; missing paint.. sometimes with
torque  I imagined it rubbed the steering rack tube as engine twisted..
Then again is there a seperate part number for a late TR4A fan extension?..
TR4 version is p.n. 128318.. I don't have a TR4A parts cat.
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

Gee I've owned my TR4A since 1969 and it doesn't have that groove you are
speaking about. Never seen one of those.