[TR] Overdrive Relay

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Aug 28 21:41:40 MDT 2007

> I am installing a new harness in my TR3A after a rebuild and
> don't know where to locate the overdrive relay. Any help
> would be appreciated

The original location was on the battery box inside the car, near the lower
LH corner.  Check your factory manual, there are instructions in there for
mounting it.

However, the main harness didn't include the OD wiring.  It had it's own
sub-harnesses.  Basically just two wires from the relay to the gearbox, and
two wires to the dash, plus a 5th wire that ran from the starter pushbutton
to the OD switch on the dash.

Randall