[TR] TR3A Alternator Conversion -- Brackets Cracking

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Tue Aug 28 17:29:55 MDT 2007

I've done the alternator conversion with the Delco 7127 GM alternator, which is common for this conversion.  All is well with the electricals.  However, vibrations from the engine/alternator have just cracked my second upper bracket, the one that attaches to the water pump.  I've used the generator bracket, then a Toyota Tercel bracket, using shims at the waterpump to line up the pulleys.  (The bottom of the bracket is tightly cinched down to the engine plate.)
Has anyone designed a better bracket for this?
Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire