[TR] Moron valve adjusting

Wayne Lee motorcarriage at charter.net
Tue Aug 28 13:06:10 MDT 2007

Hi Peter,
    Glad there are other Landie victims out there. Good technique you
mention, and a very common one too. That still works on a running engine as
well. You won't be able to slide a feeler blade into a lesser gap while
running. I haven't had to chase down any tappet noises on my Landies with
the Cover off yet, so I haven't had the pleasure. Plus they have a hot and
cold clearance, if I remember correctly.
      My TR6 was the first time in a long time I did it because although I
had a narrow blade feeler gauge, the stem recessed into the rocker enough to
give me a false reading. I started it up and had one distinct noisy tappet.
I changed out the Rocker Shaft first too, with a new genuine made in India
example before adjusting them. It was pretty noisy before I started, that's
why I went for the Aux Oil Feed while I was at it, guess I fell for the
hype, but I did set it up so it can be shut off.
Are your Landies of the Series persuasion still?
Regards,
Wayne