[TR] TR6 clutch engagement

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Sat Aug 25 05:47:19 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/24/2007 8:18:00 PM Central Daylight Time,
jimhearn1 at comcast.net writes:
> If a '74 TR6 clutch pedal starts to engage the clutch pretty much right off
> the floor, does this indicate anything?  Any idea where optimum engagement
> pedal travel is?  I currently have the stock rigid push rod.

That's pretty typical on the TR6.  It usually gets worse gradually over time
as the clevis and clevis pin wears.  The hole in the throwout shaft lever will
also wear.  Sometimes it gets so bad that one must resort to extreem measure
like usint the pin the shaft lever closest to the shaft.

Having a rigid push rod is a good thing as a flexible one would be
detrimental to clutch operation.  Seriously, since the TR6 hydraulics are self adjusting
putting in an adjustable rod would not resolve the situation.

Dave