[TR] Aluminum Oil Pan- ME?

Paul Dorsey dorpaul at negia.net
Mon Aug 20 11:49:31 MDT 2007

I am proud to be able to weigh in on such a especially deep subject since I've
never had my TR3 running. (maybe in a couple of months I will)

However, when I took my chassis off my homemade rotisserie (something I
won't do again), I went down to our defunct tractor and unbolted a small
piece of the bush hog and mounted it under the radiator.

My objective was, hopefully, to keep the forwardmost cross-piece from
'catching something on the road'.  It may achieve this objective, it may
not.  In theory, a too-high piece of railroad track (for example) would first
hit this plate and 'ride-over' the cross-piece.  It is 1/4" steel.

I shudder when someone wrote on the list how their TR "caught the tracks",
but, I never thought of a water aspect.

Thanks, Paul Dorsey
60 TR3