[TR] Lucas - BEER?

Ian Lbc.Resto at comcast.net
Fri Aug 17 08:11:58 MDT 2007

When I first started drinking in the UK, Watney's Red was the "beer" of
choice to us kids, which as any older Brit listers will tell you was just as
bad as some of the watery beers around now.

Yuengling is my local beer as the brewery is in our region and I always have
a case of it in the house.  In our town there is the Victory Brewing Company
supplying, amongst others:
HopDevil at 6.7%
Golden Monkey at 9.5%
Old Horizontal at 10.5%

None of those are close to water and have some real taste to them.  Other
listers will have their own fine local brews.  Many people don't like strong
flavor in their beer and that's OK; there are many "designer" beers with
flavors that don't work for me.

I know that there will be replies that such and such a beer beat a European
beer at a festival, but the original joke, that is told around the world (I
certainly didn't make it up) is really a comment about the bland McDonalds
style crap that we are brainwashed into believing is good by the big
corporations.

--
Ian
62 TR4