[TR] Lucas - BEER?

Chad triumph74tr6 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 22:23:38 MDT 2007

Glenn-

I think you missed the point.  "American Beer" means
adulterated "American" Lagers that were developed
after prohibition to satisfy the American appetite for
a light, tasteless beverage.  Examples are the
"Miller, Bud, Coors, Pabst, Old Milwalukee, Schmitts,
Shaefers, Iron City, Rolling Rock" you mentioned.
True enough, they do win medals "IN THEIR STYLE".

The "American" beers you cite are not mainstream
"American" beers.  You can't compare beers (and I use
that term loosely) like Bud and Coors to craft brewed
or home brewed beers.

FWIW, I spent a fair bit of time in the UK last summer
and I did not see Bud, Miller, or Coors in any pub I
visited (thank goodness!!!).

Beers-

Chad (Coweta Craft Brewery and Brit Car Haven) Jester

Message: 3