[TR] Lucas

Joe Curry spitlist at cox.net
Thu Aug 16 08:51:58 MDT 2007

I have to respectfully disagree.  The main problem I have found with Lucas
Electrics have to do with the exposed connectors. They are not protected
from the elements and easily develop corrosion that prevents or limits
current flow. " If you can't get water through the pipem you can't take a
bath!"

The rest of the things that they manufactured (starters, generators, motors
and so forth) were no worse than the rest of what the world produced at the
time.  Perhaps even beter in some cases.

The common array of mis-matched wires that one finds on some of our cars is
typically a result of someone suffering from a corroded connector who
replaced the entire circuit rather than just the connector.

Joe