[TR] Lucas

FRED E THOMAS frede.thomas2 at verizon.net
Thu Aug 16 08:23:58 MDT 2007

Lucas electrics failing are mainly the act of the owners, open the bonnet and
just look at how many wires are improperly spliced with a small amount of tape
holding them together, look at all the differnt colored wires (none of which
match the original), the electricals are the least known and most neglected
parts on our cars, when Pete down at Jiffy-Lube changes the oil he does not
tighten connections, check for shorts or blown fuses as you "should" be doing
at home, he changes the oil and that's all he was asked to do, remember most
of our cars were purchased by dad while  you were in college and used as wash
& wear or "throwaways" (maintenance, what's that) now you expect electrical
parts to be a life time of trouble free usage, no way. In every town across
the country you have more auto parts stores than new car dealerships and "yes"
the Honda, Toyota, G.M. and Ford dealers all carry replacement alternators and
starters, including 2007 models, and just think our LBC's are just over 50
years old with "Lucas" still performimg.  "FT"