[TR] Resistor Values for Alternator Conversion

William Babbitt wbabbitt at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 14 05:10:14 MDT 2007

Tom,
  Thanks for the response.
  Did Randall mention how many watts the resistor needs to be good for?
  The light is a little bothersome since it'll typically come on whenever I go down to a slow idle.  Probably the result of using the original generator pulley on the alternator instead of a smaller diameter one like the one that comes with it.  It's not an issue if  I leave the electric radiator fan on.  I'd just like to clear it up......
  thanks,
  Bill

THOMAS FANSHER <tfansher at comcast.net> wrote:
  Is it a problem? Mine doesn't come on if I rev the engine once after
starting.
10 ohm is what Randall suggested.
Tom