[TR] Radiator Cap Pressure Rating

wbeech wbeech at flash.net
Mon Aug 13 20:54:14 MDT 2007

The cap doesn't make it run hotter or cooler, it just raises the boiling
point of your coolant and thus keep the car from boiling over when too hot.
The thermostat regulates the temperature of the coolant along with the
radiator and fan.

Be careful increasing the capacity of the cap, if it doesn't allow you
overheated engine to boil over, you could burst a hose or worse.

Bill B
'58 TR-3A TS/30766 L (rolling restoration)
"A bad day in your TR just gives you license to go shopping on-line again!"