[TR] (no subject)

spamiam at comcast.net spamiam at comcast.net
Wed Aug 8 05:48:49 MDT 2007

>Date: Mon, 6 Aug 2007 22:20:18 -0700
>From: "Brian Induni" <308gtsi at adelphia.net>
>Subject: [TR] Rear shock conversion
>To: <triumphs at autox.team.net>
>
>Hello all,
>

>I'm concerned that I'm now reading about failures to rear shock conversions!
>Can someone post pics of the conversion they used the resulting damage?
>Also, how hard were you driving when they failed? There shouldn't be any
>more stress on the supporting cross member that held the Armstrong levers
>after installing the conversions. but then again, maybe ones driving habits
>change? Details, man, details!

I think it is not so much that the mounting points are different, but that the bump stop is different.  If it never bottoms out, then I adree that the stresses should be the same (for an equivalent amount of damping).  But when you do bottom-out, the stop is different.  I believe that with the tube shock conversion that the impact stresses are right on the shock mounts.  I'd bet that this is the issue.

-Tony