[TR] bb liner fills up?

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue Aug 7 16:53:25 MDT 2007

> I haven't yet ordered a new battery-box liner from TRF or
> Moss.  I wonder if
> their even worthwhile without a hole in them?

I don't see the hole as a requirement.  Whether the box is worthwhile or not
is a separate question; my previous TR3A had one when I got it and it seemed
to work out very well for me.  The "now wrecked" 3A doesn't, and I've had to
attend to corrosion in the battery box several times.  That said, if I were
going to modify one today I would probably line the original box with
fiberglass & epoxy (which is also more acid resistant than steel) and forego
the liner.

>  (Does one need to scoop
> rainwater out of their bb because it lacks a hole in it?)

I never did, although there were sometimes traces of moisture under the
battery when I had it out for other reasons.  Since both the battery and the
liner were totally water-proof, the water did no harm.

>  I also wonder if
> their from the same manufacturer or is there a difference
> between Moss and
> TRF's?

Sorry, no idea.  I would guess they are the same, but I don't know.

>    I've measured it and my battery-box is both an inch longer
> and almost an
> inch wider than the liner's dimensions given in the catalog,
> does that mean it
> won't fit right?

I believe that actually means it fits right.  I'd guess the dimension given
is the inside dimension, and the liner is effectively about 1/2" thick (with
the reinforcing ribs).  At any rate, the one I had fit snugly except for
where the original metal was missing or bent.

Randall

CONFIDENTIALITY. This electronic mail and any files transmitted with it may contain information proprietary to NavCom Technology, Inc., or one of its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, shall be maintained in confidence and not disclosed to third parties without the written consent of the sender. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the electronic mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this electronic mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this electronic mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail in error, please immediately notify the sender by return mail.