[TR] bb liner fills up?

MMoore8425 at aol.com MMoore8425 at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 16:03:40 MDT 2007

In a message dated 8/7/2007 2:56:13 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
dorpaul at negia.net writes:

I  haven't yet ordered a new battery-box liner from TRF or Moss.  I wonder  if
their even worthwhile without a hole in them?  (Does one need to  scoop
rainwater out of their bb because it lacks a hole in it?)  I  also wonder if
their from the same manufacturer or is there a difference  between Moss and
TRF's?
I've measured it and my battery-box  is both an inch longer and almost an
inch wider than the liner's dimensions  given in the catalog, does that mean
it
won't fit right?
Thanks,  Paul
60 TR3

I haven't yet ordered a new battery-box liner from TRF or Moss.  I  wonder if
their even worthwhile without a hole in them?

I bought a new one from TRF years ago. I think it was to replace an  earlier
one. Neither one had a drain hole in them. I never saw a drain hole in  one. I
didn't put a drain hole in mine and it hasn't been a problem, probably
because I don't drive in a lot of rain. I have seen a smal amount of water  inthere
before, usually when I wash the engine. The battery box is pretty well
protected from rain ingress by the scuttle.I do have a clear drain from the
battery box ( the one welded into the car) and I make sure that drains freey. I
have my inner liner sitting on some thin pieces of fiberglass strip so if water
does get between the liner and the body it can drain. It was likely a waste of
 time though.

(Does one need to scoop rainwater out of their bb because it lacks a hole  in
it?)
I have used a rag before to wipe it out-but that's usually when i  removed
the battery for a general cleanup.

 I also wonder if their from the same manufacturer or is there a  difference
between Moss and
TRF's?
Dunno. probably either one is  fine.

I've measured it and my battery-box is both an inch longer and almost  an
inch wider than the liner's dimensions given in the catalog, does that  mean
it
won't fit right?

It seems to me like it insures it will fit!
Best regards,  Mike Moore

Thanks, Paul
60 TR3