[TR] FW: TR6 with SU's - vapor lock??

Terry Geiger tgeiger at shoalsbritishcars.org
Tue Aug 7 07:28:22 MDT 2007

What fuel pump are you running?  It sounds like a stuck float valve in the
rear carb or high fuel pressure.  High fuel pressure will push the float
valve open, overfilling the carb.

I run an electric pump with a fuel pressure regulator set to 2.5 lbs on my
SU setup on my TR6.  Also, the fuel line is on top of the intake manifold,
away from the exhaust.  I also run a heat shield (provided by Joe Alexander)
to help keep things cool.

As a test, you could wrap the fuel line in some reflective heat insulation
and see if that helps.

Terry Geiger
'74 Triumph TR6 | '63 Triumph Herald | '70 MGBGT | '84 Mercedes 300D Diesel
http://www.shoalsbritishcars.org/