[TR] Ratco TR6 Frame

levilevi levilevi at comcast.net
Sun Aug 5 15:21:06 MDT 2007

I had a similiar experience with Tony at VTR 2007.   He and the other venders
were packing up on the last day after what I'm sure was a long week for them
but he took the time to talk to me about the frames, which I'm sure he'd done
with others a thousand times already that week.  He treated me like I was the
first person he'd talked to all week.  I was impressed not only with the
frames but with his patience, and civility.  Nice gentleman.

I bought one of his shock in coil kits at the auction and ironically enough I
needed it the minute I got home since my tube shock conversion ripped a piece
of the crossmemeber out about 150 miles from home after 4300 miles to Valley
Forge and back.  Thankfully the jagged piece didn't blow out a tire but it
certainly ground some rubber off it.  I welded the piece back in today since
it is support for the differential, but I'm sure glad a I have shock in coil
kit to install.

I can send pics to anyone who's interested in seeing some scary pictures of
the ripped out piece and the hole it left in the crossmember.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost Parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)