[TR] [6pack] Ratco TR6 Frame

N197TR4 at cs.com N197TR4 at cs.com
Sun Aug 5 11:14:39 MDT 2007

John!   Right on!

Tony and I have been talking for over a year. I finally got to meet him at
VTR and review the frames.

One of our Vintage Racers (TR4) received a frame this spring and is already
running races with it. He couldnt be happier and insists it made a difference
in the handling with additional stiffness. Another vintage racer took delivery
of his frame, but I am unaware the status of the build. There will be more, I
am sure.

Tony is the real deal with these frames. He doesnt have to do this, but he is.

Joe A.
TR3A
TR4  #197
AMBRO-Triumph

>    I purchased a new TR6 frame from Tony Viglioti at Ratco for a future
> project.  I figured that while they were being made, I would purchase
> one and put it away for the day when my frame needs replacing or if I
> decide to build a modified TR6.  I took the ferry from Bridgeport, CT to
> Port Jefferson, LI with my GMC truck to pick it up yesterday .  His
> facility is modern and super clean.  Tony gave my wife and I the tour of
> his shop, where he explained the use of the CNC plasma cutter and the
> welding jigs for the various TR frames. He said it's taken him 2 years
> to make all the Cad drawing for the various TR frames and is still
> tweaking things. He was also hosting a tech day for his Triumph club,
> and a number of TR6's , a spitfire and his own TR250 were already
> inside. His club is the one that  was slicing a TR6 down the middle and
> widening the car by 6".  The car is tucked away in his shop too, and he
> says it will be finished this year.
>      I have to say the frame he made me, is real work of art.  The Frame
> welding is first rate,  and with the foam filling and black powder
> coating, it's almost a shame to put it under a car.  There are slight
> differences from the original, so it's not for a concourse car, but it's
> the hot ticket for a Modified, fast road, or race car.  Usually he sets
> the frame up for coil over springs and shocks, but I wanted to stay with
> levers, so he modified mine, so that I can go either way.  He also
> usually moves the engine bay cross bar further forward for fan belt
> clearance.  Mine also has a removable lower cruciform section which
> should really make exhaust installation easier. He will pretty much set
> it up any way that you require. Tony also mentioned that the frame will
> lower the ride height by I believe 3/8"   He mentioned that the frame
> will be much stiffer than the stock frame and therefore will ride
> stiffer, but handle with much more consistency .  If anyone is
> interested, I have a few pictures I can send.  I have no financial
> interest.  I just think Tony is a class act who is incredibly passionate
> about the Triumph hobby and is a perfectionist when it comes to the
> products he produces.    John Mitchell 76 TR6
>
> www.rat-co.com

   </HTML>