[TR] Flexible Electric Wire?

Terryrs at comcast.net Terryrs at comcast.net
Fri Aug 3 18:45:50 MDT 2007

Hello, everyone.
Per the Dan Masters instructions for converting a TR3 to an alternator, I did the wire upgrade and installed an 8 gauge wire from the back of the alternator to the solenoid.  I used a regular crimp wire connector for the attachment, but it seems vibration of the engine and the alternator have broken two of these.  Once was yesterday when I was dressed in a suit, far from home, and in 90+ degree heat with maximum humidity, driving to a work appointment.  (Hmmm...failure to make an appointment because of a breakdown...does that qualify as a "dis"- appointment?)
Fast fix was to simply snip the remains of the old connector, strip the wire and wrap it around the terminal without a connector, cinching it down under the nut.  Probably more flexible too.  Just hate doing that kind of thing.
Is there a circle connector that might go over a post terminal, that won't break under vibration?  Has anyone else had this problem with the thick 8 gauge wire?
Terry Smith, '59 TR3
New Hampshire