[TR] TR Fan Pitch

John Macartney standardtriumph at btinternet.com
Fri Aug 3 15:13:58 MDT 2007

I recall seeing in one of my old sales training manuals that fan blade pitch
on all Triumphs (presumably other Brit makes too?) was at optimum *scoop* at
around 1000-1200 rpm. At higher engine speeds the fan became a power drain
and was effectively useless. IMHO fitting an electric fan will (a) reduce
the fan noise that is considerable until you hear its absence (b) allow a
faster warm-up and (c) provide improved fuel economy. The latter is
important for us who can only enjoy our cars while paying gas prices @
approx US$7.40 per US gallon. My Triumph is currently costing me about 32
cents a mile, so trips in it are becoming fewer and fewer. A pity
Standard-Triumph never made a 6 cyl turbo-diesel . Give me a diesel any day
for economy, reliability, slogability and long life.

Jonmac