[TR] TR3 Tire Sizes

William Brewer bbrewer at tvwireless.net
Wed Aug 1 09:40:56 MDT 2007

Hi Harold,
      My apologies from rubbing you wrong on this one. I am an easily
satisfied customer.
      Stating it more clearly, I was looking to see if there were
less expensive good quality tires available because the Michelins
seem to be getting too high priced. The local guys want $140 apiece
for Michelin XZX's mounted and balanced. The Kumhos (made in China?)
seem questionable to me and a far-eastern tire on a Brit car just
doesn't seem right.  I just thought that someone on the list might
know a less expensive route for a quality tire. I found out the Coker
has Vred's at a favorable price.
      There appears to me to be an automotive food chain out there
with the tire guys in my small town diving in the shallow end of the
gene pool. I wish that we had a quality wheel and tire place we could
trust, but we don't. It is becoming a lost art, for wire wheels
especially.  If it ain't a pick-em-up truck, these boys won't know
what to do with it. The only thing lower here is the oil change guys
(kids). The last time I used them for my wife's car, they used an
impact wrench (?!?!?) on the oil drain plug and stripped it. They
used a generic low quality filter. I should have done it myself.
     I haven't revisited the Brit car wire wheel/tire dilemma for
about 4 years now and am looking to the list for good advice. I am
proud that I have worn the tread off of my Michelins. About 40,000
miles in 4 years for the toy car.

      Bill Brewer
      Tehachapi, CA

Message: 6