[Tigers] Ethanol Laced Gasoline

GARY WINBLAD garywinblad at comcast.net
Sat Jul 22 19:46:16 MDT 2023

In California, all gas contains ethanol year round with a higher concentration in winter (I think).
The only real problem I have seen in my Tiger is with my old (1973) 2bbl Holly carb.
The little conical shaped check valves for the accelator pump get stuck to their seats within a
few days of not driving the car.  If I turn on the fuel pump and give the pedal a push and then
wait maybe 10 minutes, it un-sticks the valves.  Ok, the real problem is that I don't have a
choke because in CA the weather is mild.  When the engine is cold though, I need to add
extra gas myself with the accelerator pump to get it to start.
Gary