[Tigers] Wheel back side Color...

Larry Mayfield drmayf at mayfco.com
Fri May 27 17:36:59 MDT 2022

Gasp, I was WRONG!  I earlier today said my OEM steel wheels, which came
with the car I have owned since Jan 1967, are not what I though they were. I
got all of the wheels down from the storage area in my shop today and oh
dang. The insides are all painted black! From the factory.  The car is a Mk
I that the records say was manufactured in I thinit was Sept 0r 1964 or
there abouts. The last for numbers of the vin are 1136 so that should
identify the actual time and day. I found in my pile a brand new 4 core
copper core I bought from CAT in the late 60's.  And an unwrapped CAT roll
bar, never installed.  A pair of still in oil paper  wrap, front brake
rotors.  2 sets of used upper and lower A arms. I have my front hub caps and
beauty rings as well.  The OEM anti roll bar and one of those rear bolt in
ones as well.   I stock piled a lot of stuff because one day in the fairly
near future I will cease.  And maybe before that sell my Tiger with lots of
stuff. I mean lots of stuff, lol. Not for sale yet as I want to add a
throttle body EFI system in replacement of a card. I need to find another
F4b or Eboc victor manifold and then get a Holley efi set up as a carb.   I
also have  a low gear applicable Positrac which I used with a ring and pinon
set up: 4.55:1 gears. Lemme ell ya,, this is only good for drag racing,
street  light to street light racing or auto cross. I tried driving it that
way to and from work but a screaming 289 finally convinced me that this was
not the thing to do, lol. It is currently available for trade for a positrac
for the high gear ratio gear sets from 3.54:1 to 2.88 :1.  I have the gears
s, will swap the gears and limited slip for a 2.88 rear gear compatible posi
limited slip.   I have a complete rear end that is dying to get back into
the car it came with. Currently has a 3.54:1 with posi in a second rear end,
which I will keep with car when it comes up for sale. .

In any case

The inside of my Mk I wheels are black.. Oh, the infamy of it...

mayf