[Tigers] Correct trunk hinge fasteners

Allan Ballard aballard at ix.netcom.com
Fri May 13 12:09:47 MDT 2022

I have an obscure question regarding originality and trunk hinge fasteners.

My Mk1a Tiger came to me in fairly original but run down condition.

I noticed the trunk hinges were attached to the trunk lid by a flat headed screw and a stud.

The screw was at the end of the hinge that’s above the chassis rubber sealing strip.

Obviously the stud was at the other  end.

Both were painted the car’s color.

My car was painted a few years ago and this detail was not respected by the paint shop who  used common bolts in place of a screw and a stud.

So now I have some screws and studs to use if they are correct.

Your information on what’s correct would be appreciated.

TIA,

Allan Ballard
Mk1a Tiger
Series 1 Alpind V6 T5