[Tigers] Panhard Rod Question

Tom Hall modtiger at comcast.net
Thu Dec 1 16:52:15 MST 2022

On 12/1/2022 12:04 PM, Clyde Mclaughlin wrote:
> The mk11 chassic mount did not really come down enough, but better. I
> fabricated a duplicate to the mk11 and welded it in place on the left
> side frame, I cut the the bracket from the axle and repositioned it on
> the other side and playing with the angles and positioning of the
> frame mount I was able to get the rod very close to ideal.  I did have
> to work around the brake line on the right side and also extended the
> length of the rod slightly.  I have found that the car now transitions
> much more evenly on turns in both directions especially with the power
> on with LSD.

As many of you already know, I manufacture a "Kit" that repairs and
replaces the woefully weak OEM Panhard frame mount.  It is symmetrical
so that it will mount on either side and has three vertical holes for
elevation to locate the frame rod end for improved operational
performance.  So it can be used with the OEM Rod as is, or to relocate
the axle bracket as Clyde has done to improve left right transitions.
It's a shame that the factory waited two + years to correct this
seemingly minor design error that they discovered during Mk I prototype
testing.  I've done several of these conversions over the years with
good results.

--
Tom Hall
ModTiger Engineering LLC