[Tigers] Rear Sway Bar

jim jim at island.net
Thu Sep 30 12:45:51 MDT 2021

My car came with a home made 1 1/8” front bar so understeered a lot!  I got
an addco rear bar but couldn’t figure out how to mount it so I made my own

mounted in front of the rear end and welded a couple tabs on the side of the
plate that the u-bolts go through to hold the lower links. The brackets that
I made are very strong  ( 6-3/8” bolts per side) and you’d have to rip the
car apart before they would let go!  The calculations say it’s only giving
me about 75 lbs./inch with 12” arms and a 34”  ¾” solid bar. It makes quite
a difference which between the 3  adjustment holes though. I got the bar.
arms etc. from Speedway Engineering ( $200 ) and it was pretty reasonable
actually
 biggest job was to make the brackets!

On another note, I have the ‘Stock’ mounting for my panhard rod
I’m not
sure if it’s causing this ( I think likely ) but I notice in hard cornering
that the car will understeer some on left turns and oversteer on right turns
!! Anyone else notice that effect ? I have quite a bit of ‘ackerman’
correction in the front suspension also

Jim

B382000446