[Tigers] Rear Sway Bar

daniel doornbos dan_doornbos at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 30 11:23:53 MDT 2021

I couldn't find an aftermarket rear sway bar for the Tiger I liked.  And I looked at the DIY weld kits.  But after reading and finding that bending and welding impact metal spring rate and you should temper the bar post fabrication to get it to work correctly.  For the rear end and space I needed to put in bends around the pumpkin and linkages.

I do recognize that welded options will also work well.  My Mustang II front end from Mike H has a welded bar.  But for the rear packaging, I needed too many bends and couldn't locate a straight bar type in the space.   In the end, I went with a custom-built from https://www.carolinaswaybar.com/ It was a premium price but they were great to work with.

Maybe in the next decade I'll get enough motivation to finish and drive the car to see how good my choices were.

dan
[https://static.wixstatic.com/media/83f66c_8948818df64147b8890ea40d7129c2d5~mv2_d_3264_2448_s_4_2.jpg/v1/fill/w_252]<https://www.carolinaswaybar.com/>
Carolina Swaybar Manufacturing - Newland, NC<https://www.carolinaswaybar.com/>
Carolina Swaybar Manufacturing designs and creates the best swaybars on the market today. Industry leading R&D, commitment to customer satisfaction.
www.carolinaswaybar.com