[Tigers] WANTED: Original Battery Terminal Clamp(s)

jimdamelio jimdamelio at verizon.net
Sun Nov 14 18:41:22 MST 2021

Those are like the ones I got on my trip to England in 2019.  The have a raised block section with the 'P' and or 'N' engraved in that.Sent from my Galaxy
-------- Original message --------From: Ramon Spontelli via Tigers <tigers at autox.team.net> Date: 11/14/21  7:43 PM  (GMT-05:00) To: chris at cthompson.net Cc: Tiger List <tigers at Autox.Team.Net> Subject: Re: [Tigers] WANTED: Original Battery Terminal Clamp(s) Chris,You probably want to hold off on that.It appears I was WRONG in my description of what I got from Vincent.  I have not installed the negative cable on the Mk II yet, so I dug it out of the shed this afternoon for a close-up look-see.  The letter “N” is NOT raised.  It looks raised in the photographs, and from across the room, but close up, it appears to be cast into a raised pedestal on the top of the terminal.I remain delighted with it, and am glad to have it, and the positive terminal as well. But they are clearly not “proper” for a stock application.Im sorry I got everybody excited about a thing that isn’t.RamonOn Nov 14, 2021, at 3:00 PM, Chris Thompson <chris at cthompson.net> wrote:I sent mail to Vincent asking if he could make some more Tiger cables.  I just got a message back from Vincent:Sure.  We'd be happy to if I can source the correct parts.  We got lucky finding those terminals. I'll check on Monday.I just sent him mail saying that we're really looking for the positive cable having the raised P as well. It doesn't sound like he's making them.ChrisB382000331On 11/14/2021 1:46 PM, Ron Fraser via Tigers wrote:To all Interesting info on soldering battery cable here using solder slugshttps://www.britishcarforum.com/community/threads/lucas-lead-helmet-type-battery-cables.82422/ You tube video Ron Fraser