[Tigers] Fw: Tigers Digest, Vol 14, Issue 107

daniel doornbos dan_doornbos at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 15:06:12 MDT 2021

Tom,  yes deleting the power booster.  I've got Mike H Mustang 2 front end with 5 lug Wilwood spindles.  Out back I've upgraded to a Ford 8.8 floating rear end for disc brakes.  I've bought modern Wilwood calipers and rotors for all 4 corners and with that, the piston surface area is significant at 23 sq in.  In talking to the tech support they recommend a 6:1 pedal ratio and a 15/16 MC.  That said Wilwoods own pedal assemblies are a 7:1 ratio.

Reading up on brakes I found that folks who cam up modern Camero and Mustangs wind up with no manifold vacuum and delete the power booster.  In those applications summit, jegs, etc sell a booster delete kit with a 1" MC.  Many of those cars would have similar or more brake piston surface area.

The car was at the body shop for 1.5 years, and when I got it back in may 2020.  Then last year all I did was put in the block/heads/headers to start the rest of the moc up.  It feels good to get things moving again in the last few weeks.

dan

Message: 3